Dior Event with Celebrity Makeup Artist Ricky Wilson

I was so excited to have been invited to a Dior event where celebrity makeup artist Ricky Wilson was going to show me how to apply makeup like a pro! He is such a witty and lovable person that I could not keep my eyes off of him when he was speaking. He told me that I had beautiful skin but thought to myself that he wasn't close enough to see all the sun damage and freckles I've neglected. Nonetheless, I was totally flattered.

Some of the products I absolutely loved:

Cleansing Water ($35)- This is a perfect face cleanser that removes makeup and impurities in your skin. It is also so refreshing! No water is needed so I can see this as a perfect travel companion on long road trips or even camping.

Capture Totale Multi-Perfection Serum ($135)- I think the Capture Totale line at Dior is a great line for those concerned about the signs of aging. Although, I am fortunate to be Asian and have no signs of wrinkles at the age of 30 (I know it will catch up to me soon) but I am all about preventative care. So, I purchased this serum to help me tighten the skin a little and reduce some blemishes I have.

Hydra Life Creme Sorbet ($56)- I love the texture and feel of this moisturizer on my skin. It is so light and moisturizes my skin without the greasy film that most moisturizers leave. It also comes with an SPF formula but it's thicker and I didn't like it as much.

Capture Totale UV Protect SPF 35 ($52)- Instead of getting the Hydra Life Creme with SPF, I opted to get the UV Shield because it is lighter and absorbs nicely on your skin to allow you to apply your makeup without the greasy feel. This SPF protects you from the sun as well as making your skin look young and bright. If you would like a stronger SPF, Dior also has Dior Snow UV Shield SPF 50. This product will help prevent age spots and sun damage.

Dior Skin Airflash Foundation ($60)- I always stayed away from foundation because I thought it would look really cakey and noticeable but this Airflash Foundation totally changed my mind about foundation! It goes on really light and absorbs so nicely into your skin (I used a foundation brush to apply it) that it looks so natural. This is the perfect foundation for active people or those who live in warm/humid climates. I wore this all day yesterday and it never made me look sweaty or greasy. It is amazing! I didn't purchase this product yet because I already have a tinted moisturizer I am using but once I am done with that, I am definitely picking up Airflash.

Rouge 298 Lipstick ($30)- This is your everyday, go-to lipstick. Ricky says that Sharon Stone and many celebrities love this color and always request it. It's a lovely beige color with a hint of pink in it. It looks amazing on. I loved the color and would probably where it on its own or put a colored lip gloss over it to give it some color. It's a classy color that everyone should have in their makeup bag.




Here's Ricky Wilson demonstrating on a model how to create lovely cheek bones. A tip he gave us is to never to put foundation all over your face. Stay especially away from your jaw line. I tried it out yesterday and it looked so natural yet 'finished'. I also tried it out this morning with my own makeup and felt that it didn't give me a makeup face that didn't match my neck (you ladies know what I'm talking about) like I usually feel. I never knew who Ricky Wilson was before yesterday but I am so honored to have met him. He does an amazing job making women beautiful without looking too dramatic and I feel lucky to have learned how to apply my makeup from the best.



Comments

Popular Posts