Book Club updates

So, we had our book club meeting for The Reformed Vampire Support Group a few weeks ago. So, the consensus was that the book is just okay. The writing wasn't superb and left us wanting to know more about some of the sideline characters but it was still an entertaining read.
All in all, I believe that actual young adults will be thoroughly entertained by this book and that's what really matters. I would definitely recommend this book to any of my students.

The other book club I read Tamar: A Novel of Espionage, Passion, and Betrayal for has not met yet but I have a feeling that everyone will rave about this book. I mean, just look at the title! It has it all: action, romance, and drama.
This is a very long book with smaller font (>400 pages) so I would recommend this book to students who have the patience to read for long periods of time. But then again, this book was so interesting that it may turn those who dislike to read into avid readers.

Comments

Popular Posts