Books I'm reading for my book clubs

I joined a book club that my summer school professor started a few years ago with her students. They're now in high school and love to read very dramatic books. At our last meeting, one of the members wanted to read about a girl dying of cancer. What a bummer! I guess teens can't get away from the drama. Anyway, I'm glad I was there to have a say in which book we were going to read for our next meeting. I'm a fan of action adventure books so I was thrilled to read the description for Tamar: A Novel of Espionage, Passion, and Betrayal. Even the title sounded interesting!
Although, I'm already in a YA (Young Adult) book club, I thought it would be a great idea for my classmates (future elementary and middle school teachers) to get together and read some YA books together. Might as well, because we'll have to read them eventually and we'll need to know some good books to recommend to students. For the first book in the adult YA book club, we'll be reading The Reformed Vampire Support Group. Also, a great title.
I can't wait to hear what everyone has to say about both books.



1.
2.

Comments

Popular Posts