Tourists for a day






Went to Whiting, Indiana's annual Pierogi Fest and gorged on some Polish food. I can't really imagine people eating pierogis all day but that's what most of the vendors were serving. There was an occasional ice cream place, kabobs, and kettle corn but almost all the vendors sold pierogis. While you enjoy eating your Polish food, enjoy some of the live entertainment they have lined up. We were there mostly for the food so we got there around 11 a.m. to beat the crowd and the heat. We were able to beat the crowd but it was scorching out.

After Pierogi Fest, we made our way to the Willis Tower. I know I've been there when it was called the Sears Tower in my youth but have no photos to look back on. So, I made it a point to bring my camera and snap some photos. They've added these clear viewing decks that extend out from the main part of the building. Many people were hesitant to even step onto the clear deck but I had no problems. I just wished that people would be more considerate by taking their photos and leaving so others can also have the same opportunity. Not the case, so I shoved my way through and take some photos.

Once we were done with the Willis Tower, we wandered over to Pritzker Park where the eyeball statue was displayed. It's massive and very veiny. Someone splash some Visine on it. Har har!

Comments

Popular Posts